What is Skolar Award?
Skolar Award is a research pitching competition for wild and ambitious postdoc researchers with a prize of 100 000 euros to put into YOUR research!
The application period is open from May 15th to September 17th. Our academic jury will choose 8-10 applicants to become finalists and come pitch their ideas at Slush on the 5th of December.
Though there’s only one winner for the 100 000 euro prize, all the finalists will get a unique training that will help you pitch your research anywhere! You will get:
- Free pitching training from communications professionals.
- A world-class academic jury to review your work.
- Direct feedback from world-class academic jury prior to final pitch.
- Inspiring coaching sessions to boost your confidence and networking skills during the Slush week in Helsinki.
- A ticket to Slush for the day of the finals and a chance to network with investors.
- Free accommodation and dinner with other finalists in Helsinki.
- A community of likeminded researchers to last a lifetime.
Why does Skolar Award exist?
Skolar Award wants to bring postdocs' wild ideas into life! We want to see brilliant and ambitious postdocs chase their dreams and turn them into action.
Skolar Award was founded and developed during a time when research funding has been cut heavily in some parts of the world and the attitudes towards science have often been in turmoil. Skolar Award is a non-profit project that aims to add more impact to research and science.