Though there’s only one winner for the 100 000 euro prize, all the finalists will receive a unique training that will help you pitch your research anywhere! You will get:
- Free pitching training from communications professionals.
- A world-class academic jury to review your work.
- Direct feedback from the jury prior to final pitch.
- Inspiring coaching sessions and events to boost your confidence and networking skills during the Slush week in Helsinki.
- A ticket to Slush for the day of the finals and a chance to network with investors.
- Free accommodation and dinner with other finalists in Helsinki.
- A community of likeminded researchers to last a lifetime.
Why does Skolar Award exist?
Skolar Award is a non-profit project with the aim to support research with an impact. The idea of Skolar Award is to support brilliant postdocs get funding for their wild and ambitious ideas.
Skolar Award is organized in collaboration with Slush. We want to encourage researchers to show their brilliant ideas to the bigger audience and find new potential for collaboration within the sizzling Slush audience.
The talented young finalists will get together and prep for the finals during the months before Slush.
Check out the important dates here:
Application period begins
Application period ends
Finalists will be revealed
Skolar Award kickoff for finalists (live/video)
Individual coaching sessions (live/video)
Bootcamp and dress rehearsal in Helsinki
The Skolar Award pitching final at Slush
Skolar Award is organised by
… Helsinki-based science and research communications agency Kaskas Media in collaboration with Slush, the biggest startup event in the Nordics. The 100 000 euro grant is jointly funded by several Finnish foundations. Read more about the funding partners of 2018 on our partners page.
Skolar Award was founded and developed during a time when European research funding has been cut heavily. Those cuts affect postdocs the most, because they are at the very start of their careers. Skolar Award aims to help postdoctoral researchers kickoff their careers and develop courage to explore ideas that are outside the box.
“Skolar Award was a very special experience with a nice team spirit.”
Svante Henriksson, Skolar Award 2017 finalist